The unique course Project Management Success: Learn by Managing 8 Projects covers the important aspects of project management.
Each unit begins with the theoretical background. This knowledge is then illustrated with the PTB™ for Training simulator. Finally, the student gets a chance to apply the knowledge learnt hands-on and see how everything connects in practice. Upon successful completion students earn 35 PMI PDUs (Contact Hours), requirement of PMI to enroll in the PMP exam
The course is designed for those wishing to further develop their project management capabilities and knowledge. It is suitable for individual project managers as well as for organizations wishing to improve project management skills. The course level is intermediate to advanced.
Duration and Format
The duration is 35 hours. The simulation takes place 100% online. An email will be sent after purchase with the access details. The access will expire after 60 days.
The course is composed of the following units:
- Project Management Overview and Introduction to the PTB™ for Training simulator
- Scope Management
- Scheduling and Time Management
- Resource Management
- Budgeting and Cost Management
- Project Monitor and Control
- Risk Management
- Lean Project Management and Lean Enablers
The trainee will learn how to:
- Develop a project plan that covers project definition, scope, schedule, resources, risk, quality and budget
- Consider different alternatives for implementing a project including the trade-offs between time, cost and quality while considering different consequences
- Use project management tools and techniques to deliver and manage successful projects that satisfy stakeholders needs and expectations
- Implement risk management techniques and mitigation strategies
- Analyze project information and reports to monitor and control a project in a stochastic environment and run it to successful completion
To use the course you need an Internet Connection with an Adobe Flash enabled web browser, a Windows XP or later Microsoft updated operating system and speakers or headphones.
Download a one page description of the PTB™ for Training simulator.
View a video tutorial for the simulator.
Access the online course if you already registered.