PTB Simulator Access
If you purchased the book "Hands on Project Management: Practice Your Skills with Simulation Based Training" by Shtub and Rosenwein, you can access the simulator version that accompanies the book. To do so, send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org with your full name, email address and the unique access code printed in the first page of the book.
About the Book
Practice your project management skills with Simulation Based Training
Teaching project management is not an easy task. Part of the difficulty is the one-of-a-kind nature of projects. The book "Hands on Project Management: Practice Your Skills with Simulation Based Training" and the software that comes with it (PTB Simulator) present a unique approach to the teaching and training of project management — an approach based on a software tool that combines an interactive, dynamic case study and a simple yet effective Project Management System. The book focuses on problems that the project manager faces in planning, monitoring and controlling projects.
Together with the software, the book provides the user with the opportunity to experience complex Project Management situations, understand the situation, develop alternative ways to cope with it and select the best alternative based on rigorous analysis.
What Will I Learn From This Book?
- Develop a project plan that covers project definition, scope, schedule, resources, risk, quality and budget
- Use project management tools and techniques to deliver and manage successful projects that satisfy stakeholders needs and expectations
- Implement risk management techniques and mitigation strategies
- Analyze project information and reports to monitor and control a project in a stochastic environment and run it to successful completion
- Consider different alternatives for implementing a project including the trade-offs between time, cost and quality while considering different consequences
- SandboxModel is proud to be a Global Chartered Registered Education Provider (R.E.P.) with the Project Management Institute (PMI)®. See more here.
Using the book and the simulator will improve your project management skills. You'll learn how the "hands on" approach can make you a better project manager. Learning by doing improves the learning process. It's also more engaging and fun. Learn and practice the most important project management skills with this comprehensive book.
- Project Management Overview
- Scope Management
- Scheduling and Time Management
- Resource Management
- Budgeting and Cost Management
- Project Monitor and Control
- Risk Management
- Lean Project Management and Lean Enablers
Ever wonder how successful project managers constantly achieve great results? They are experienced in the tools and techniques of project management. Einstein said that “the only source of knowledge is experience." The book covers project management theory and methodologies. The practical exercises are done with the award-winning PTB simulator, developed at the Technion Institute of Technology. You will simulate managing a project while applying the theory and methodologies, described in the text. You will gain practical experience and learn how to complete successful projects.
Who is the target audience?
- This book benefits anyone who wants to learn how to manage resources, cost, time, scope and reduce risks in any project.
- Professionals aiming to get CAPM, PMP or other PMI certification.
- The book level is intermediate to advanced.
- It is designed for those wishing to further develop their project management capabilities and knowledge.
Watch the book's accompanying videos
Learn more about the advantages of Simulation Based Training (SBT)
View available products
More information for instructors.